Sunday, June 29, 2008

Digital Ahoy Matey 3D Add-ons B4 & After

I keep showing you digital pages and telling you that I add 3D embellishments after I print them out. I finally took a photo of a finished page to show you the before and after.

Here's the before that I digitally created and printed out on my HP 8750 wide carriage photo printer that does 13" x 19" paper:



And here is the finished page (you can click on it and see more detail). I used Crystal Effects on the title to accent it and brighten it up. I added some Jolee's pirate stuff: the ship, map, outfit, sword, skull and swords, and treasure chest. I used my SU! Spiral Punch to make black cardstock look like a filmstrip and cut the squares out of it to fit over the photos that were printed directly on the paper. Lastly, I stamped the swirl (Autumn Leaves I believe) behind the ship in turquoise and again in silver pigment ink, then accented it with Signo white gel pen dashes.


I kinda did a trick with the photo part of the printed page: I digitally cut out and printed just the photo area with a little blue around it on a regular 8-1/2 x 11" piece of photo paper, then so as to not waste all that ink, I printed the rest of the digital page in the first photo on my matte 12 x 12" Epson scrapbook printer paper (I didn't want to use a 13 x 19" piece of photo paper). You might be able to tell if you click the second picture to make it bigger.

Enjoy your day!

Michelle