Sunday, July 27, 2008

Decor Elements Project Vase

Demonstrators were given a Decor Elements sample in our August issue of Stampin' Success! (Contact me to find out how you can get this benefit among many others by becoming a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator.)

Before I even got my sample, and knowing it was coming and it's size (thanks Patty!), I had this idea in mind. I wanted to apply the Decor Element to a vase that I could add pretty rocks and chokecherry whips to (straight off our own property!), and then decorate some miniature clothespins for displaying cards! I will take this to workshops so we can all see the Make & Takes better that we are working on.


I used some Die-Cut blooms to decorate the clothespins, and tied a 5/8" Old Olive ribbon around the top of the sturdy jar (lid removed) that I got at Hobby Lobby in anticipation of the Decor Elements sample arrival. It's thick glass and should travel just fine to all the workshops we'll be having this fall and winter!


Thanks for looking! I got the idea, by the way, from Charmaine at Oodabug Alley with her Picture Pot. Love her work!
Michelle