Friday, July 11, 2008

Deer Friends Preview

I've been playing with my new Level 2 Hostess preview set "Deer Friends" that will be coming out in the new Idea Book and Catalog on August 11th. The set has 8 adorable stamps in it that I thought would make a perfect set of pocket cards. You can click on the photo for a larger view.


I used mostly ink and paper from the new In Colors coming out, plus the new Bella Rose DSP and a button from Button Bouquet, all coming out August 11th. Ah, and the gift, baby Jesus, and snowman cards paper on the left side was stamped in the matching In Color ink with the Wow Flowers stamp from its set of 4.

Up the side of each pull-out pocket card I stamped a line with the soon-to-be-retired All in a Row using my Stamp-a-ma-Jig for perfect placement. Each stamped image has Dazzling Diamonds glitter applied with a 2-way Glue Pen and is mounted on a 1-3/8" Circle Punch piece. The baby Jesus pocket card's All in a Row stamped image got glittered using Heat and Stick powder for more precise glittering of the image.

I used ribbons and twines I already had since the In Color ribbons aren't out yet, but the gingerbread man card got a "ric-rac" treatment using the new Scallop Edge Punch on Whisper White paper.

For the angel card I dyed some 1/4" White grosgrain ribbon with an SU! sponge piece and the new Riding Hood Red stamp pad. There! Matching ribbon before it's even out!

It's hard to see in the photo, but each card's stitching is done in a matching thread color. I have an embroidery attachment for my Bernina, thus a lot of thread colors to choose from!

I'll show individual photos of these cards in the near future so you can see more detail.

Until then,
Michelle