Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Bird's Nest Card Box

Oh my gosh, look what Gretchen Barron has made! Is she brilliant or what?!!! Her project was so darn cute, I just had to make one, too! It's a bird's nest card box!



I made 3x3 cards to fit inside the custom made box (you just make your box dimensions around the card size by using your grid paper). The cards are made with the Love You Much bundle and A Happy Heart stamp set, and the bird is a die-cut from the Birds & Blooms set for the Big Shot.

I don't have any patience, so instead of soaking, forming, and drying the nest, I started with a 5-1/2" square of paper, drew a 2-1/2" circle in the middle, then slit from the edges into the circle. (To find the center of your square just make a line with a ruler that is lined up from both corners so you have an "X"...then you can lay your Coluzzle circle template over that center mark and draw it in with a pencil to mark your base of the nest.)


Then I scrunched the fringed paper until it looked like a nest. I also added some Kraft-colored paper shreds to the cup of the nest that I got at Target in their gift wrap section.


Voila!


Now please go give Gretchen some love for her wonderfully artistic idea!

Thanks for visiting!

Michelle