Monday, May 5, 2008

Carousel Notes Purse Album

My mom, sister, and I were at a friend's Stamp Camp and Mom decided she would order the 3 of us each a set of Carousel Notes from the Stampin' Up! catalog. Of course, I didn't object, but really I wasn't sure what I'd do with them. The colors were not my normal pick, and they were just, well, different.

They sat in my craft studio for a few days, and then I discovered this wonderful tutorial on Jan Tink's blog Stamps, Paper, Scissors to make a Carousel Note Purse. I made one right away, and then Mom got to see it, so she came up to my place and I made another one while she made hers! These are brilliant, as Jan Tink is, and only require two of the Carousel Note envelopes and one of each color of Carousel Note card. Below is my first purse. The Carousel Notes slide out from the envelope opening, which is also part of the purse album construction. The third note is the closure flap. I'll post my second purse perhaps tomorrow.




STAMPS: Office Accoutrement

PAPER: Cosmo Cricket Wanted

INK: Colorbox Fluid Chalk in Chestnut Roan

ACCESSORIES: Photo Corner punch, Scallop punch, Boho Blossoms punch, Ticket Corner punch, Pick a Petal brass template, rhinstone and metal brads, ribbon, leather closure, stitching




Thanks for looking!