Sunday, May 4, 2008

Welcome to my blog 2{stamp}is2b!

I have been stamping since about 1983! I was in high school then, but let’s not count how many years ago that was! Thanks to my mother, I then learned to quilt while in college working towards my Chemical Engineering degree. Once I graduated and got a job in Omaha as an Environmental Engineer, I really immersed myself in quilting as a hobby. Since we moved back home again to the Black Hills here in South Dakota in 2000 and had our son in 2003, scrapbooking took over as the frontrunner hobby to catch all of those precious moments in time. I recently added Medical Transcriptionist to my job titles, and apparently I add hobbies each time I add job titles, so this time I’m combining hobby and another job title to be a Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator! It seems like the perfect blend to me.

I will be sharing cards and other projects here, tutorials, photos of my Shoebox Swap club cards each month, announcements related to Stampin' Up! specials, retreats in the area and other events, tips and tricks both with paper and digital projects, photos of my craft studio, organizational and storage tips, and occasional blog candy giveaways. I will also begin offering kits by mail and e-mail for sale, completed projects for sale, and possibly tutorials on CD/DVD for sale. I will also add information on retreat space available in the beautiful Black Hills of South Dakota. I would like to launch a Hostess Club for ordering Stampin' Up! products, and maybe offer a Designer Paper swatch club too. So much to do!

How about a card? This is one that my son will be giving to his friend and classmate at a birthday party today!


STAMPS: Just Celebrate, Short & Sweet
PAPER: SU! Really Rust & Chocolate Chip, Basic Grey Mellow
INK: SU! Chocolate Chip, Signo white pen, Metallic Rub-Ons
ACCESSORIES: SU! Stampin' Dimensionals, Tombo glue, Copic markers, Spica glitter pen, Stickles glitter glue, brads, Nestabilities circle dies, grosgrain ribbon
I still have quite a bit to add on my blog: a custom header, online shopping via email/paypal, links, our Guest House Getaway retreat space details, and hopefully better picture taking skills!

Please enjoy your stay and take some time to peruse the whole site, using the links on the sidebar. To receive updates to my blog via email, sign up using the FeedBlitz feature in the sidebar. Of course, if you would like to order Stampin' Up! products from me, please feel free to contact me!