Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Glue Dot Glitter Test

I made this card to test an idea I had in response to Andrea Walford's glittered glue dot problem of her pencil marks showing from under the glue dot. My idea was to use a Blender Pen and pick up some matching Classic Ink to mark the glue dot spacing with the Mat Stack template. I couldn't get the glue dots to stick! Maybe I didn't let it dry long enough, and maybe the glue dots don't like to stick after the paper gets a little "fuzzed" up by the blender pen action. So, I used 2-Way Glue Pen instead and applied the Dazzling Diamonds that way! I used Wild Wasabi and Bashful Blue cardstock, Pumpkin Pie striped grosgrain ribbon and Classic Ink, then dotted the Sweet Dreams flower stamp flower centers with my Signo white gel pen, and added some paper piercing to the bottom with my Mat Stack template.


And now, I would like to introduce you to my new birder kindred spirit and new customer, Charlie. She does some wonderful artwork with her painting and embroidery cards. Please visit her website! She sells hand-painted soaps, hummingbird feeders, gourd necklaces, glassware, ornaments, earrings, candles, etc. It's beautiful work!
Enjoy the day,
Michelle