Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Book to Look

I'm adding something to my workshops that I just learned about...a Book to Look board (and what fun I had making it with my new Pocket Silhouettes stamp set and Top Note die with my Big Shot!).

If you're a demo, you might be interested in how I built the support for it: I used 1-1/2 sheets of the 12x12 DSP paper pack backing. I scored it for tabs to attach to the main board, then scored it towards the middle in two places. When I glued it down with Sticky Strip, I kept the middle point out but flattened the rest so that it will travel flat in my rolling tote. The scored back "easel" piece is also angle on the bottom so the board doesn't sit straight up.


This is what I printed on the inkjet acetate on front (with paint on the back to accent it), explaining the Book to Look concept (found on SCS SU! forums):

"Book an in-home workshop today and you will be rewarded with an extra FREE gift when you choose a tag from my Booking Board! When you pick a date today and host your workshop within the next two months, your gift will be delivered at the same time as your workshop order. This FREE gift is in addition to your normal Hostess Benefits. Possible gifts include: Classic Stampin’ Pad, Pack of Mini Glue Dots, Tombow Multi-Purpose Adhesive, Signo White Gel Pen, Dazzling Diamonds Glitter, Roll of ¼” Grosgrain Ribbon."
So, if you attend one of my workshops, make sure to participate so you can be rewarded with an extra FREE gift, too!
Thanks for stopping by and hope to see you soon!
Michelle