Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Pop-up Card

I've had a great weekend! Teresa and Dean have been here and we've had a lot of fun! Here's a popup card she taught me to make (mine is the one on the left using the Seasonal Whimsy stamp and the poppin' pastels technique).


Teresa and I met on SCS after I noticed her motorcyle avatar and my husband realized her photo was taken here in the Black Hills. After a lot of messaging and meeting during the Sturgis Rally at Hog Heaven, her and Dean have returned to see the Custer Park Buffalo Roundup. We did some stamping, they toured Spearfish Canyon for the fall colors, and we capped the weekend off with a campfire here at the house. We thoroughly enjoyed having them here (including my son, who had so much fun!). Very generous and nice people! Oh, and there was the dinner at The Alpine Inn (not to be missed), and pie from the Purple Pie Place (yum!). And I'm not sure if Dean volunteered or got roped into it, but our wood stove chimney on our really high roof is now clean (sorry for the soot explosion!), and we also have a good start to a load of firewood! At least the guys got some ATV riding in.
I'll have more photos from the weekend, so stay tuned. Thanks for a great weekend Teresa and Dean! We're so glad you came up! Thanks for EVERYTHING!
Michelle