Thursday, November 6, 2008

Faux Stickles

In my last post I showed you how I made faux Dew Drops. I also got an idea from www.splitcoaststampers.com to make my own Stickles. I have Stickles that I finally found right before I became a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator, but haven't used them since I like to show you just Stampin' Up! stuff. So I've been missing them! But not anymore:


See those faux Dew Drops on the cards made from faux Stickles?

To make my own faux Stickles, I found some needle tip applicator bottles at Ben Franklin and cut the tip off to the marked line, which makes a fairly large hole for the glitter to come out of. I added a Ben and Jerry's single serve ice cream plastic spoonful (where did that come from?) of Dazzling Diamonds to the bottle, then poured in maybe a tablespoon or so of Crystal Effects. Voila! The glitter does settle to the bottom overnight, so I think I'll store my bottle on its side (easier to mix later).

I made these faux stickles faux dew drops directly on my card this time instead of making them separately on waxed paper.


Just think of the possibilities: Use Dazzling Diamonds or Fine Cosmo Glitter. Make them ahead and color them with reinker ink dabs or use it directly on your projects, whether you make them into faux dew drops or fill in larger areas or draw lines, etc. with them. Color up a whole bottle with reinker ink if you know you'll use that much of one color!
I'm so happy that I can make my own Stampin' Up! faux stickles now! Since we're working on naming our faux dew drops in my previous post, let's also get our faux stickles named.
Once again, I'll start: crystickles? Eeek, that's sounds too much like another word that we don't want to use.
You go next! We need a better name!
Michelle