Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Bathing Santa Ornament

I don't remember now where I got this idea...please speak up if it's yours so I can give you credit! Edited to add that it's Lorri Heiling! She had this on her blog and it was so darn cute, I just had to CASE it! Thanks Lorri!

I covered a 4x4 chipboard coaster with Real Red DSP using Anywhere Glue Stick after inking up the coaster edges with Real Red Classic Ink. The belt buckle on the 1/4" Basic Black Grosgrain Ribbon was made by punching 2 Horizontal Slot Punch slots and then cutting the Brushed Silver CS down to a square. I attached a Round Tab Punch piece in Basic Black (stamped by painting the words only on the Curly Label Punch Bundle Christmas stamp, then heat embossed in Silver EP) to the photo using SNAIL adhesive. After attaching the photo with the Round Tab Punch to the coaster, I adhered the ribbon and buckle with SNAIL, then clipped the ribbon-topped binder clip to the top.


This could be hung on the Christmas tree, a bulletin board, or if you were to attach a magnet to the back, on the fridge. Make sure to write the year on the back!

Michelle