Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Shrink Plastic Wine Glass Charms

Sorry for the dark photo, but you get the idea I hope. These wine charms were made by stamping on Shrink Plastic with Black or Green StazOn ink, then I colored them in if necessary with Bic permanent colored markers. I punched a 1/8" hole at the top for threading through the pre-made wine charms with colored balls on them that I found at our Target Dollar Spot. To shrink, hold your paper piercer or similar tool (a large needle would work) in the hole over a heat-proof surface, then heat with your Heat Tool until it is completely done shrinking. It will flip all over the place while shrinking, but if you hold it down so it doesn't blow away it will not stick to itself.


I used the Holiday Trinkets and Spotlight on Christmas stamp sets. My sister got these for Christmas from me, along with some homemade bath fizzies and a jar of homemade olive oil salt scrub and a retired stamp set. Mom got the same from me in a different scent, but instead of the wine charms she got a handmade desktop calendar.
Dad and my brother-in-law each got a Husband's 6-Pack Survival Kit! I hope they use them!
Thanks for stopping by!
Michelle