Sunday, July 26, 2009

Ask Michelle Answers Returns II

Back in this post, several of you asked me questions, and I'm here to give you some more answers, and today I'll be answering Jamie A.'s questions, and she had two!

Q: Hi Michelle! Thanks for all the inspiration you provide. I am a hobby demo overseas and I don't for the life of me know how to really start doing SU as a business. What are your suggestions?

A: The first thing I recommend is spending some time getting to know the Stampin' Up! Demonstrator Site. Log in and read! Place a couple of practice orders. Read the Demonstrator Manual. Read through all of the New Demonstrator Corner material and resources. Then, schedule your first workshop! Invite family and close friends that will be supportive and understanding of your butterflies. More workshops and customers will not be far behind! My own team members have access to our private Team Blog, where I give business tips, technique tips & tricks, encouragement and achievement recognition, and support from each other. Anyone in the US can join my growing team...I'd love to have you! Good luck Jamie!

Q: Here's another one...how did you get started on your blog? I've always been interested in blogging, but don't know where to begin.

A: Right before I became a Stampin' Up! demonstrator, I discovered that people were blogging about stamping. I had recently rediscovered stamping myself and found these blogs to be a wealth of inspiration. I've been a self-taught computer geek since about 1995 on the web when I created my first website, but that experience wasn't all needed to create a blog. I found out that blogger was free, so I went with that, and really it's pretty easy to get started...just follow the instructions! I still use blogger but have customized my site quite a bit. I hope that my blog has provided all of my readers with inspiration and information and will continue to do so! I have since added twitter, facebook, and YouTube to my online presence...please follow me, become a fan, and subscribe to my channel to get the full benefit!

Stamp away today!
Michelle

{To sign up for my newsletter that is full of project ideas, tips, and specials, click below or use my sidebar...look for the chimp:}

Subscribe to my free newsletter


To order supplies online 24/7, click the Shop Now button on my Stampin' Up! website at 2stampis2b.stampinup.net.



Photobucket Follow Me