Friday, February 27, 2009

How Do I Store My Paper?

Q: I was asked "How do you store your 8-1/2" x 11" paper?"

A: I am so thrilled to share with you how I store my paper! It's my friend Teresa's idea and it is working SO well for me.


I found this lateral file cabinet at Office Max for $99.



It holds ALL of my 8-1/2" x 11" Stampin' Up! paper, and I do have all of it!

TIP: I keep full sheets of one color in its own Pendaflex hanging file folder and folders are grouped by color family. I printed the name of the color on a clear label (you could use your P-Touch labeler too!), then slipped a small piece of that colored paper behind the clear label so that I can see the colors at a glance just by looking at the popup Pendaflex labels.

I put unopened paper packs of the same color behind the loose sheets from opened paper packs in that color's hanging file folder. This helps me to know what I'm getting low on. Each hanging file folder for a color has a manila folder in the front where I keep all scraps that match...anything less than a full sheet. This is the first place I look when I need a certain color so that I use my scraps first! Saves money that way!




I managed to get all of the colors and In Colors by putting a couple of paper packs on my orders every time I order. I love having all of the colors at my fingertips! I did the same thing with the ink pads and am currently working on getting all the reinkers too!

So, let me have it...what questions do YOU have for me?

Stamp away today!
Michelle

{To sign up for my newsletter that is full of project ideas, tips, and specials, click below or use my sidebar...look for the chimp:}

Subscribe to my free newsletter


To order your paper packs and more online 24/7, click the Shop Now button on my Stampin' Up! website at 2stampis2b.stampinup.net