Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Patty's Sundress

Is this the prettiest sundress or what? My online friend Patty showed us her dress a few weeks ago, and I just had to have the Hostess Club gals make this.


I ran the card base through the Big Shot with a Texturz Plate, then the dress was cut from the Scallop Circle Bigz die, using a template for cutting the sides from the circle to make the shape of the dress. One side that gets cut off is used for the petticoat, just by reversing the double-sided Bella Rose Designer Series Paper! A little ribbon and Rhinestone Brad cinches up the waist just right.

TIP: I made my dress template from a piece of the backing sheet chipboard from a package of Designer Series Paper. The thin white chipboard goes through the Big Shot easily but is substantial enough to hold to multiple uses as a template to trace the straight lines for cutting the Scallop Circle into a dress.

Stamp away today!
Michelle
{To sign up for my newsletter that is full of project ideas, tips, and specials, click below or use my sidebar...look for the chimp:}

Subscribe to my free newsletter

To order supplies online 24/7, click the Shop Now button on my Stampin' Up! website at 2stampis2b.stampinup.net


STAMPS: None
CARDSTOCK: Riding Hood Red, Bella Rose DSP
INK: None
ADHESIVES: SNAIL Adhesive, Stampin' Dimensionals
ACCESSORIES: Backgrounds I Texturz Plates, Scallop Circle Bigz Die, Big Shot Die-Cut Machine, 1/4" Chocolate Chip Grosgrain Ribbon, Fire Circle Rhinestone Brads, Paper Snips