Tuesday, November 25, 2008

On the Twelfth Day of Christmas

On the twelfth day of Christmas my true friend gave to me

Twelve Gift Bags

Eleven Candy Santas

Ten Ornament Cards

Nine Pop-Up Cards

Eight Trinket Tags

Seven Sparkly Greetings

Six Cards in a Box

Five Stocking Stuffers

Four Place Settings

Three Christmas Ornaments

Two Countdown Calendars

and a Handmade Holiday Planner.


I love how the Christmas tree ball shines light right back at you. I found some little white paper bags at Hobby Lobby to build my top note bag from. The image idea was inspired by and CASEd from Julie Case, who does beautiful work!


I cut 2 Top Note shapes for each bag then cut down the bags to 3-3/4" tall. After stamping the front, I layered the front and back together and punched the handle with the Small Oval Punch. The 8" length of Riding Hood Taffeta Ribbon was tied in a knot and attached with a Mini Glue Dot, and the handle is secured with about 10" of Gold Elastic Cord.


Here's how I reverse masked the Christmas ball ornament image:

First, I cut a circle from a piece of clear acetate using my coluzzle, leaving plenty of acetate around the hole so that I room for sponging without getting ink on the card where I didn't want it. I used 3 small zips of SNAIL on my Grid Paper to hold the acetate down over the Top Note front that I had already secured down with a dab of SNAIL.

Next I stamped my Spotlight on Christmas poinsettia image in 3 places over the hole using Riding Hood Red Classic Ink, and the flourish stamp from that set in the blank spots, leaving the center blank.

Then I used a wedge of Stamping Sponge that I dabbed just twice on the ink pad, and in a circular motion I rubbed the ink around the edges, leaving the center white. While I went around I was picking up the excess ink from stamping partly off the hole. I made sure to make the lower left part of the ornament darker for some nice shading. I also went in both directions to eliminate any telltale signs of sponging streaks. The feeling is as if you are sponging "into" the sharp edge of the hole in the acetate, which gives a nice clean edge.




Here's your supply list for this project. If I you need anything, please click the Shop Now button on my Stampin' Up! website at http://2stampis2b.stampinup.net/ and choose me, Michelle Tech, as your demonstrator if you don't already have one!


DescriptionItem #PriceNeed?
Stamps:Spotlight on Christmas111694$22.95

__

Best Yet111604L1

__

Papers:8-1/2x11 Whisper White1007307.50

__

Inks:Riding Hood Red Classic1118365.25

__

Basic Black Classic1011795.25

__

Accessories:Tope Note Bigz Die11346321.95

__

Small Oval Punch10730415.95

__

Clear Acetate Write-On Overhead Transparencyn/an/a

__

Stamping Sponges1016103.50

__

Ridhing Hood Red Taffeta Ribbon1113656.95

__

Gold Elastic Cord1098674.95

__

SNAIL Adhesive1043326.95

__

Mini Glue Dots1036834.95

__

Anywhere Glue Stick1040453.95

__

Small White Paper Sacks 3-1/2x2x6-3/4n/an/a

__


Well, this project wraps up my 12 Days of Christmas series! I'd love to hear what you think! It was a lot of fun to create each project and I hope you've gotten some good ideas that will brighten your holidays.


Edited to add: My 12 Days of Christmas project was featured on Card of the Week!


Make sure to come back tomorrow for a really special Holiday Extravaganza Sale! You won't want to miss it, and you'll want to shop early before the specials run out!


Happy Holidays!


Michelle